defensive specialties of a Hockey Goalie and top it off with the dynamic throwing abilities of a Dodgeball Superstar. If I were to throw these skills in to a blender and add a maori twist in to the mix, this is the answer and explanation I give when asked What Is Ki O Rahi? However.... this my personal explanation and opinion and does not define Ki O Rahi at all. Although I think it sounds amazing when I explain it this way!
So what is Ki O Rahi you may ask? Ki O Rahi is a Traditional Maori Ball Game that is currently on its path to revival in Aotearoa/New Zealand. It has a legend as such behind it which makes it significant to those who intend to revive it and teach it. I myself am on this journey to revive this kaupapa, which is why I am creating this blog. Follow the links above as I will be discussing how to play, the History/Legend of Ki O Rahi, showcasing the fun elements of Ki O Rahi through various videos and presenting a collage of Pictures showing the significant impact Ki O Rahi has played in regards to bringing Communities, Schools, Families and Friends together. Tihei....Mauri Ora!!
No comments:
Post a Comment